Founded in 1994 by Attorney Richard “Stone” Bagano Pooten and NHS Staff Nurse (retired) and Registered Care Home Proprietor Conchita Balagtey Pooten, a husband and wife team “dynamic duo”. Pooten Forwarding International Ltd (“PFI”) has grown to become one of the largest Filipino freight forwarders in the UK.
PFI became a registered company in 2006. It is listed in the U.K. Companies Register. PFI has its U.K headquarters and warehouse in London, England and Philippine distribution warehouse (Odani Logistics) in Tarlac, Philippines. It also has Law offices in Manila and Baguio City, Philippines.
PFI collects and delivers customers’ personal effects (contained inside cargo boxes “balikbayan boxes”) throughout the U.K. and the Philippines. Whether our customers are family, friends, retirees, students or charities, PFI has helped connect people, throughout the U.K and the Philippines, each box at a time.
We are the first UK based Filipino forwarding company to be affiliated with the British International Freight Association (‘BIFA’) and regularly maintains our membership.
We strive to be the best family owned Filipino freight forwarding company worldwide.
- C ontinuity – we have operated in the industry for 20+ years. We commission 40-foot container loadings every week
- A ccountability – we stand behind our actions. We maintain clear terms and conditions
- R esponsive – we collect all over the U.K. and deliver throughout the Philippines
- E ffective – we operate 7 days a week to meet the demands of our customers
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility has always been a part of our culture. We just never mentioned it openly until now!
Each year, PFI supports charitable initiatives worldwide.
In the Philippines PFI supports:
- Toy Drop and Smile Train, which donates pre-loved toys and books to orphanages and libraries
- Restocking a library and librarian’s annual salary in Besao, Mt. Province
In the U.K supports:
- KAMPI Filipino basketball league, Igorot Organisation UK Basketball and Volleyball teams, and other Filipino organisations (i.e., Sagunto UK, Batangas UK and etc. fundraising events)
- During times of great need, we have supported the Filipino community. When the disastrous Typhoon Yolanda brought devastation to Leyte in 2014, we shipped donations from UK for free and/or at a discounted price.